Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Session I'll Always Remember

-
I got together with Andy M. for a morning bike ride at Bur Mill park Saturday. We hit the Owls Roost and Wild Turkey trails- the Fall colors are spectacular & trails in awesome shape. Just a perfect ride.
Before I took off I packed the formula board and the 9.5 just in case there was a 10 mph wind since the forecast was for SSW. I was in the straps planing from lunch till dark. Amazing day and quite a surprise. With the leaves off the trees I think the wind as able to fill in nicely. Loooong planing reaches and up wind, white knuckle - dumper stance blasting! I've got raw video showing consistent planing from shore to shore. I'm still shaking from this one.






-

4 comments:

  1. Looks fun, man!

    Let's get those big-sail sail-flips dialed in the next time you're in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a rocking sesh. Lake sailors rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph, Nice footage and looks like you had a good time out on Belews...lets discuss GoPro video footage and editing sometime...share some best practices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy- you bet man. it is not screaming down a wave face but pretty tite for a little inland lake!

    PeconicPuffin- thanks for checking it out. keep up the good stuff on your blog.

    Waterturtle- let's first make some NEW vids then compare notes while we edit!

    ReplyDelete