Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dear Mr. West, Thank you and kind regards

-



Any time I get to break out my 106L board I'm happy.  So yesterday was a good day at Belews for Leah and myself.  Even for a west wind with the leaves off the trees the wind is filling in nicely.  It has been a while since I've seen whitecaps uniformly distributed on a due west like that.  Always true to form the visit by Mr. West was brief since he never overstays his welcome.  I had to switch to the 155L with the 7.5 around 4pm.  The pic pretty much shows the peak time at Belews.  It was such a beautiful day.  I'm still not wearing gloves or booties. 

At Avon the west wind started in the wee hours Friday night and by morning pushed the sound up and over some of the lower areas of the land.  I bet Canadian whole was awesome sailing...

We finished the day with a sunset paddle into the NW wind.  You can see hanging rock really clearly.  Great exercise and terribly relaxing.  What a sunset and a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment