Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stand Up Paddling on Belews

The best thing in the world for curing a stressful day is fresh air and time on the water. There was a steady NNW breeze and the coves near the launch site were like glass. Belews is as clear as an aquarium so you can see over 15ft down. I saw plenty of bream, bass, turtles and one big carp that was right next to my board. You don't need any special equipment- I just use a kayak paddle and a floaty beginner board.

As the sun set I paddled out toward the north end for the great view of Hanging Rock. If I get my hands on a waterproof camera I'll post this view- it is really something. Here is a tailgate shot after sunset. It looks like the lake is running down a steep grade but turn up the volume and prepare to be relaxed anyway... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


2 comments:

  1. Nice, man! It's amazing how fast and easy the downwind leg is compared to the upwind, huh?

    Good to see you getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it man. i slipped back out after the cruise to the dam (long way upwind) and just had to make a little vid of the sounds of the day at closing time!

    ReplyDelete