Monday, October 4, 2010

Mana Love and Wave Sailing at Old Lighthouse

I love the kick pad on the tail.  Chose some shore break with thigh to occasional shoulder high heavy break.  I couldn't believe what the nose of the Mana pulled out.  Never pearled and I don't know why.  Mana is money.




Wave Sailing at Old Lighthouse Beach-


Hit Lighthouse beach again in the evening.  Not as easy as yesterday and enough west to make it really weird on the inside.  Fun though!  Lots of locals came out.  Usually they make it look easy.  They did not make lighthouse beach look easy yesterday.  My experience is best described as prolonged panicky scrambling interrupted by brief periods of sheer bliss.

I did not keep my cool trying to water start in the huge holes.  My heart rate and breathing were not properly controlled and the sesh totally zapped me after the first 1.5 hours.  I was a little bummed that I missed sailing with all the local experts that arrived a few hours after Keith and I but was glad to come out none the worse for losing my focus.  The few waves I did ride made it no doubt worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment